One of the obstacles we face in life regardless of what we do is discouragement. Just think about the areas of our life that discouragement can affect.
- Learning to play an instrument.
- Finishing your education.
- Completing a project.
- Our job.
- We can get discouraged about a church, or a civic club we belong to.
Losing weight and getting in shape is one of the hardest things to do. Consider just a few of the things that can make these tasks discouraging.
- It requires us to change our habits of eating and exercise.
- It takes a long time.
- Sometimes the results are slow.
- Sometimes there are setbacks.
- We know there will be obstacles.
- Sometimes people may discourage us.
So today I want to ask the question to you as a reader, "How do you handle discouragement?" Hopefully you are not answering going to the fridge and getting a bowl of Bluebell Ice Cream. Tomorrow. I'll give you some of my suggestions.