Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Getting Started - Day 1

My wife and I had been on a trip to see one of the kids graduate from X Ray school (Congratulations Amanda) when we decided we were going to do something about our weight.  We had been talking about it for some time.  She wanted to do one thing and I talked her into this.

Now you have to know how difficult that is.  My wife jokes that most of those 30 minute infomercials are wasting money because she is sold after the first five.  Actually she isn't exaggerating and I have banned her from watching QVC and HSN. I joke she owns every fitness DVD on the market well she does own all them that were sold prior to our marriage.

On Monday I couldn't get hold of the person I knew that sold "BODY BY VI" and so we started on some awful stuff I had bought a few weeks earlier at GNC.  I finally got hold of my friend Sharon and she brought over the good stuff.

I got a sample from Sharon and it was great.  My wife tried it that night and we ordered two transformation kits for us and my son ordered a kit for him.

On the way home I stopped by Wal-Mart to get the one piece of equipment that you should really get for this program and that is a small blender similar to the "Magic Bullet" blenders.


  I got this model that you see above by GE.  Let me explain why I got this one.  It has four cups with lids.  Now unfortunately for me two of the lids don't seal they have holes in them for sprinkling stuff like ground up parmesan cheese, or nuts.  For $19.00 it was still a good buy.  You may want to get one for your work. They had another model with one cup for less.  If you prefer the wand type blenders or the old stand one those will do.  The advantage to this one, is it cleans up easy.  Just rinse it off.


Here is a shot of the side so you can see all the parts this model has.  I will add I also have a NINJA which I love but it has more parts and would have been harder to clean so I went with easy.

I weighed in on Monday and it was really bad.  I'll tell you what I weighed.  It was an alarming 268 pounds.  At 5 foot and almost 10 inches that is not healthy at all.

I am happy to say I lost 1.5 pounds on the first day despite not having the full day of Body by Vi.

In case your wondering the drinks are great. The powder smells like cake.  I'll talk more about it later.

Have a great day.  

If you want to email me it is joepalmer01@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment