Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let's go Outback

Tonight we went out for a celebration dinner with some friends to Outback. Before we left Flo asked, "Can we eat at Outback?" I said, "Yes, we are going to."  Once again we successfully navigated the restaurant trap.

Flo ordered a Mahi Mahi dinner which came with mixed veggies, rice and a salad.  She left the rice because she doesn't really like rice much.

Joe ordered a 6 oz sirloin with a salad and broccoli.

We both skipped the bread and the "Bloomin onion."  We enjoyed the meal were full and satisfied.  Now I can't say that I didn't want to eat that "Bloomin onion" or that I didn't want to order a big rib eye.  But life is about choices.

To be successful at any venture you have to learn to say NO to some things so you can say YES to other things.

I said NO to the Bloomin Onion and YES to a slimmer body.

I said NO to the Ice Cream and YES to a life without diabetes.

I said No to the rib eye steak with high fat content and YES to a healthy lean choice.

I said NO to the greasy french fries and YES to a green veggie.

I said NO to the bread and YES to a proper nutrition.

You have to be aware that those one night celebrations where you let your guard down and indulge are killing your diet. It is so easy to say, "It's just one meal."   I had no guilt going to Outback.   But I knew when I walked in that door,  I was going to find a healthy way to enjoy my meal and not turn the celebration into a trap that ended my weight loss.

One of the things that has helped me is writing about my struggles and being accountable.   I don't care how you do ti, but accountability is important.

A second thing is the 90 day challenge.  I am working to change my habits and to reach my goals. I have a deadline.  Goals are important.  You can't keep procrastinating your health. You have to start eating right and keep eating right.  But you have to do something that you can do in the real world.

Joe and Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment