Thursday, July 12, 2012

What Losing 10% Means

Today I am down 10 % of my original body weight.  This is a really big milestone.  I feel so much better.  I am losing a little weight almost every day.  My weight has dropped 27 pounds.

Flo is now down 13 pounds. Her pounds are dropping slower but her inches are coming off.  She hasn't hit the 10% mark yet but she will get there soon.

As I have lost weight I have kept little goals in mind: 5 pounds, 10, pounds, breaking 250, down 10%.  This helps me keep focused on the next few pounds and not losing the next 50 pounds I need to lose.

What can losing 10 % mean.

A Healthier Heart.  -  I have had a few episodes which have caused me concern over my heart.  I know I have taken a lot of stress off my heart. It has already said "Thank You" by lowering my blood pressure numbers to normal.

Lower risk of Diabetes - Diabetes runs in my family.  My weight loss means I am lowering my risks.  As you know diabetes is one of those diseases that compounds the problems with so many other areas.  I want to avoid it.

A Better Nights Sleep -  I don't have this issue that I know of but losing weight helps sleep apnea.  So lose weight and sleep great.

Joint Health -  I have knee problems and while they aren't giving me a lot of problems now every pounds I take off my knees helps them work better, longer, and with less pain.

Lower risk of Cancer - All the research shows that lowering our body fat decreases our cancer risk.  While losing weight won't guarantee you don't get cancer it will help your body fight disease and lower your risk of getting cancer.

More Energy - Okay so it is time to go grocery shopping. Here is your list.

10 pounds bag of potatoes
5 pound bag of flour
4 pound bag of sugar
3 pound package of hamburger meat
1 pound of cheese,
1 pound of frozen corn
1 pound of dried pinto beans
Two 8 ounce tubs of sour cream
a pound of butter.

Now go carry that from the closest grocery store to your home.  If that makes you tired recognize that is amount of weight I am NOT carrying on my body today, that I was 7 weeks ago.  Now do you think I have more energy?

So do you want to try, "Body by Vi?"

Sign up here

Join Joe and Flo on the Challenge

All you got to lose is weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment