Monday, June 25, 2012

Fighting the Battle of the Bulge


All I got to say is, "Ain't that the truth."

As we get older fighting the battle of the bulge gets more difficult.  There are many reasons why.

1.  Our metabolism slows down.

2. We continue eating like we were younger.

3. We often exercise less.

4.  Sometimes our job becomes more management than physical.

So we are here fighting this battle.  I am learning to eat a whole different way on this diet.  I am really content that this is not a diet but a new way of life. I know that I can now keep going and when I hit my goal weight I can use the shakes to maintain my weight.

This week I didn't lose a lot  I lost about 2 pounds.  I am down 18 pounds in 5 weeks.  Although I am not losing as fast  as I did the first week, I am losing, and the battle is so easy.  I had a banana shake this morning.  It was delicious.  About 300 calories and packed with protein from the shake and natural fiber from the Banana.  I don't even like Bananas but they taste great in the shake.

So keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment