Yesterday my diet started a vacation. Joe, Flo, and Vi are on vacation in Orlando. Normally vacation means death to a diet. We pack on an inevitable 5 pounds. There are several reasons.
1. I deserve a break - I mean I NEED to indulge because I have been working so hard and after all I have dieted so faithfully I NEED a break from that too.
2. What am I going to eat? - Serious question if you are on most diets. Fast food? Huge meals at upscale restaurants? There are not many good options.
3. Lack of Exercise. - It can be hard to exercise on a vacation from scheduling to equipment, to motivation. There are obstacles.
Well I am not making any promises but Flo and Joe are staying on our plan. I have already lost 3.5 pounds this week and I want to keep up the progress.
Here are a couple of tips.
1. Prepare for Travel - Visalus is not hard to travel with. We packed all our stuff and we are saving money. We had a cooler with milk, boiled eggs, fruit, bottled water, nuts and our Visalus products. We packed our bullet blender and even planned that we could stop at a rest stop to make a shake.
2. Eat right - Yesterday we had two meals out. We stopped at Cracker Barrel and had grilled trout fillets, salad and green beans. We actually split a meal and added a side salad. Less than 300 calories. That night we had a salad and a serving of sushi. Eating healthy worked for us.
3. Save Money - Our bill with tip and two purchases from the Ole Country Store was 23 dollars. We split the meal and saved calories and money. We were pleased and satisfied.
I can't weigh in until Tuesday but I think we are going to do fine. We are prepared and motivated. Hope you join us soon.
Joe and Flo