Friday, June 29, 2012

When Your Diet Goes on Vacation

Yesterday my diet started a vacation.  Joe, Flo, and Vi are on vacation in Orlando.  Normally vacation means death to a diet.  We pack on an inevitable 5 pounds.  There are several reasons.

1.  I deserve a break - I mean I NEED to indulge because I have been working so hard and after all I have dieted so faithfully I NEED a break from that too.

2.  What am I going to eat? - Serious question if you are on most diets.  Fast food?  Huge meals at upscale restaurants?  There are not many good options.

3.  Lack of Exercise. - It can be hard to exercise on a vacation from scheduling to equipment, to motivation. There are obstacles.

Well I am not making any promises but Flo and Joe are staying on our plan.  I have already lost 3.5 pounds this week and I want to keep up the progress.

Here are a couple of tips.

1. Prepare for Travel - Visalus is not hard to travel with.  We packed all our stuff and we are saving money.  We had a cooler with milk, boiled eggs, fruit, bottled water, nuts and our Visalus products.  We packed our bullet blender and even planned that we could stop at a rest stop to make a shake.


2. Eat right -  Yesterday we had two meals out.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel  and had grilled trout fillets, salad and green beans.  We actually split a meal and added a side salad.  Less than 300 calories. That night we had a salad and a serving of sushi. Eating healthy worked for us.

3. Save Money - Our bill with tip and two purchases from the Ole Country Store was 23 dollars.  We split the meal and saved calories and money.  We were pleased and satisfied.

I can't weigh in until Tuesday but I think we are going to do fine.  We are prepared and motivated. Hope you join us soon.

Joe and Flo


2 comments:

  1. You guys are going to do great this weekend, I know it!

    Don't be disappointed if when your come back home there's not much to show for on the scale right away. Many times restaurants have very high amounts of sodium in their food and it will cause you to retain water. Just keep up with your plan and drink plenty of water, and if the scale isn't nice to you on Tuesday, give it a couple more days and the water weight will come right off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We are having fun and learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete