Thursday, June 7, 2012

Have You Got What it Takes? DAY 17

Have you got what it takes to lose weight and get in shape?  I was thinking this morning how  sometimes people lack that missing ingredient.  I know some days I do.


Here some things I think we need to reach our goal

INSPIRATION -  Inspiration is answering the question of why am I doing this.  Sometimes we lose weight for artificial reason.  I am losing weight to find a date.  That motivation can fail us later when we are married.

My motivation is my health.  I know personally that I don't need to lose a few pounds to look good. I need to lose a 60 pounds so I don't deal with some horrific issues later.  I don't want to get to that point that I can't exercise.

PERSPIRATION -  The second thing we need is the willingness to work at it.

I have to get up and walk, or go to the gym, or just do chair exercises.  Find a way to do whatever exercise you can.

I saw a story once about a morbidly obese man who could barely walk. He started his path to weight loss by just walking to the mail box.  Then every day he walked a few more steps. As the pounds came off his endurance increased.

I have to plan my meals.

DEDICATION -  I have laughed and told people that me and Flo dieted every monday between breakfast and lunch.  Now that is an exaggeration but we have started and stopped a lot.

I have found something that I can stick with and I am going to stick with it.

Zig Ziglar said,  You didn't gain weight all at once, you gained it one bite at a time and you have to take if off the same way.

Part of dedication is overcoming obstacles.  I have lots of obstacles.  Yesterday we had another meal at church, fried rice and spring rolls. I stuck within my boundaries and had a serving of fried rice and salad, and skipped the spring rolls.  That was really hard.

I was rewarded this morning with a half pound weight loss.  I am now down 12.5 pounds.

So think about what is your missing ingredient in your weight loss plan.

If you want to join me on the Body By Vi challenge please do.  It really helps to have folks doing the plan with you. Just click the link at the top of the page that says join the challenge and sign up.  I have been getting lots of encouragement from you folks.  Feel free to add a comment at the bottom of the page and we can all discuss what our missing ingredient is.  If you enjoy these articles I would ask you to share them with other or on Facebook.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment