Friday, June 22, 2012

Good News

After a week of frustration this morning my weigh in showed me down 1.5 pounds. I have watched the biggest loser and seen those contestants doing the right thing and still not lose so it shouldn't shock me, but trying to lose weight can be an emotional roller coaster.

My friend "Lady Bug" who posted a comment on my last blog used to be a counselor for a national weight loss company that does great work.  Her advice was right on.  One of the reasons I started this blog was because it keeps me from quitting on emotional days like the previous week. It is the ultimate in accountability.  Here are some tips that can keep us going.

1.  Have a buddy.  My wife is my diet buddy she keeps telling me I can't stop.

2. Define your motivation.  I want to lose for my health.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I was starting to feel old, and I was using being out of shape as a reason to do not do things.

3. Be realistic. I have lost 4 pounds a week the first month.  I don't really expect to lose that fast the rest of the 9 weeks of this challenge.  I just want to be diligent and consistent.

JOE & FLO REPORT.

I am down 17.6 pounds

Flo is down 11 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment