Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Work is Exercise



WORK IS EXERCISE

Exercise is work some claim, but work can be exercise.  I decided the last couple of days to make my daily exercise work.  I got out in the yard and mowed and cleaned up the yard.

It feels great to me to be accomplishing two tasks at the same time. I do this a lot. I am ADD so I tell my wife I can't multi-task but I can double-task.  So I am a double-tasker.  Here are some other ways I double task.

  • Listening to an audio book while cleaning the house.
  • Listening to my Bible MP3 while walking.
  • Going out on my pontoon boat with someone from church that needs encouragement.
  • Exercising with a friend or family member so you can have quality time.
  • Spending time praying while I drive or walk.
Using work as exercise is a great way to use time efficiently.  So fire that lawn guy and get out there and mow that yard with a push mower.   Get out the rake and get those arms moving.  Get out the mop and get those floor a little extra TLC.  Trim those hedges and give your biceps a work out.  Wash and wax your car. "Wax on / Wax off.  (Do you remember that line?)  Who can forget "Paint the fence" and "Sand the floor."  

Day 29

I gained a little today and I don't really know about Flo but I had a great day and getting all that work done has sure made me feel more energetic, productive, and happy.   Now I just need to go buy a pressure washer.  

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment